Monday, 25 June 2012

Current Favourites

June has been an interesting month. I've finished university and moved out of the house I have shared with my friends for the last two years. I have been searching for jobs in Manchester to move back to the city with another friend and start a new life for myself. I have made a great deal of changes and taken practical and brave steps to move forward in the right direction. July is going to bring me live music, a holiday, and hopefully a job and a new home. Right now, however, I am enjoying being back with the family and catching up with old friends. With all this change and upheaval it has been a life-saver to have found some reliable and fail-proof favourites for the month. So, here are my favourite beauty products, along with some other current loves too!


Garnier Skin Naturals BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination/ Oily Skin in Light: With the brief spell of sun we had at the end of May and the continuing muggy weather throughout June this has been my 'go-to' skin base. Foundation is definitely feeling too heavy at the minute and I really like this Garnier BB cream as it doesn't leave my skin looking shiny as many others I have tried have. Loving this and will probably continue to use for the rest of the year as well. 

Garnier Anti- Dark Circles Roll-On in Light: I use this under my eyes and on any  pigmentation on my face either over the BB cream base or straight onto my skin if I am having a good skin day (rare!). I like that it is very light and more of a thin texture than other concealers, meaning it doesn't crease at all. This means the coverage isn't great but I  still love it.

Rimmel Soft Kohl Eye Liner Pencil in Pure White: I have mixed up my everyday make-up routine recently and this product makes a regular appearance. I love using this in the inner corner of the eye or in the water line. On a night out this looks lovely as a liner under the eye as an alternative to black, as it makes my eyes look much wider and brighter. Definitely a fan of the texture of this too as it is so soft and blendable. 

GOSH Brow Pen in Wheat: I have super pale eyebrows compared to my hair and my face does not look right without lining them, so this is a nifty liquid pen (a bit like a felt tip!) that is really easy to use. The colour pay off is subtle so it definitely does not look like you've just grabbed a Sharpie Marker and coloured your brows in! 

Accessorize Black Liquid Liner: Recently my Loreal Liner ran out and as it was the end of term at uni my funds were a little low so I thought I would try this out as it was a fairly cheap alternative. It's really great, has brilliant staying power and is super black and shiny. Everything I need from a liquid liner really! 

Barry M Lip Paint in 151: This is a gorgeous pinky, red coral colour that I love to wear when my eye make up is more subtle. The staying power is pretty decent , although it can be a little drying on the lips. I use a balm or gloss over the top and it's a really lovely affordable lipstick.

Dermalogica Clean Start Welcome Matte spf15: I received the Clean Start Mini Kit in this months glossy box and as someone with combination skin I love it! This spf moisturiser was a stand out product for me as it made my face feel nourished, but not greasy as some moisturisers do. It's also got an spf which is an added bonus as this is incredibly important for me as I am rather pale. 

MeMeMe Blush Me! in Coral: Most people would say mascara is their make up essential, whereas I would sway towards blush. I adore it. I've had this for ages and it had been sitting unloved in my make-up collection until I decided I fancied a coral day and I have fallen back in love with it. I have to use a very light touch else it can all go wrong and I end up looking like a clown, but other than that it's a great product.

Current Book:
My Dear, I Wanted To Tell You by Louisa Young: I have always loved World War I literature and I spotted this last year and have just got around to reading it now! I am about half way through and really enjoying it. 


Current TV Show: 
This show has got me hooked. It has hotties, a strong female leed, complicated family drama, murder, plot twists and secrets. I could ask for no more. Really really enjoying my weekly fix of Revenge. 







Current Music:
A friend introduced me to Lawson a while ago and since then I have loved listening to these boys. My family and I are going to M Festival in Leeds this summer and I am very much looking forward to seeing them live. 









That's it. My current Favourites. Hope you enjoyed having a read! 

Twitter with me: @meganmem91

5 comments:

  1. I must try that under eye roll on! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the Garnier roll-on for a while and I'm still not sure if I like it or not. I want to try the Gosh brow pen when I get back to England.

    Laura
    whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. However, the patients may feel more comfortable telling them their
    feelings, because they feel as if they won't be judged. Your talents can also be of use in rehabilitation centers. RTs can also explore the option of branching out into business roles with equipment manufacturers, or join the world of research and academics.
    Here is my web blog - http://vuceveem.2itb.com/cgi-bin/blog/view_post/808629

    ReplyDelete