Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Never Give Up, It's Such A Wonderful Life

I have been away from my blog for a while, so I am now aiming to remedy that. I want to get into regular blogging; getting out my thoughts, reviewing decent products, finding other exciting blogs to read and such.

In my break I have been doing lots of exciting things that have made me realise just how lucky I am. I have the most amazing friends, giving me the best memories and so this post is for those that I have shared an absolutely wonderful month with.

The month started out with a visit to Dublin (baby!) with my most recently made friends for one of their 21sts. Obviously this involved:
  • copious amounts of guinness (my dad would be proud)
  • crazy nights out
  • the zoo!
  • a band with sexy Irish accents who sang for us all night
  • A LOT of laughs with three gorgeous girls



A day of rest and I hit up Amsterdam on a 16 hour coach trip and ferry, which was (as I am sure you can imagine) not the most enjoyable experience of my life, but very well worth it for the delights of the Dutch capital. I can definitely say that I took full advantage of what Amsterdam had to offer with one of my best friends, without the need for marijuana induced fun. The sex museum and the Red Light District provided what was possibly one of the most 'interesting' days of my life. There is something very fun, lively and intriguing with their openness and honesty about sex: sex shops lining every road with pictures you only imagine appearing in seedy magazines and internet sites; sex shows openly advertised and no sneery looks or judgment for entering one; and of course the girls behind those red curtains... different indeed. My favourite part of Amsterdam, however, was probably the food. Mashed potato as a staple cuisine was definitely going to be a hit with me!




Finally, my favourite foursome were reunited this weekend for my friend Zain's 21st celebrations back home in Manchester. Over the summer we spent a lot of time together; me, my boyfriend, Zain and his lovely girlfriend. So, with everyone back at uni, it is always eventful and so much fun when we can all catch up.


I know that was just a short recap, but I wanted to put it all down briefly to acknowledge the people that make my life very wonderful. I wasn't having the best time before Christmas, but realising how great the people I know are and how much fun I can have has put everything into perspective for me. I am a very happy girl, indeed.

(I also got 2 essays back, in which I got 70% and 90% - so, hopefully, well on my way to a first)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a lovely time and are all happy again. Can not stand to see my beautiful big sister sad. Hopefully we can see you soon...so you can realise you are even luckier to have a sister like me ;) Hehe. I love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see my baby girl so happy and having such a wonderful time with your fabulous friends! I love you and am incredibly proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see my baby girl so happy and having such a wonderful time with your fabulous friends! I love you and am incredibly proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete