Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Revision Procrastination

Revision has always been a bit of a mystery to me. I am not entirely sure how to do it. I don't know the best way to remember a thousand references, or how to succinctly tie up my notes into a manageable, easy to learn synopsis, or how to memorise all of the equations I may or may not need. I've always been a 'plunge into it with my eyes closed and hope for the best' kind of person. I've been lucky up until now. I've always had my brain on my side and so leaving revision to the last minute usually worked, achieving grades that I am very proud of.

Coming to university, however, is a totally different story. I am tested to my limits and totally scared. The 'plunge in' approach has become less successful, particularly this year. Last semester was a nightmare for me (I will one day have the courage to write that all down and send it off into the blogging world) and my university work really suffered. Here I am; having to catch up on a whole 12 weeks of lectures, trying to remember them and not have a nervous breakdown. I have been making progress though, and I am proud that I didn't just give up when I had the option to. Coming up with a whole new revision strategy and applying it all so I can do well in my exams is tough, but I won't let it get the better of me. I am determined to do well and prove to myself that I am good enough.

On a lighter note, I received some lovely Montagne Jeunesse products through the post yesterday for me to review. That will be coming soon- probably when revision gets too much!! Watch this space (:


I will leave you with a quote I thought was appropriate:

Education: the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent.
John Maynard Keynes


And a picture that makes me smile- if only life was that simple still!


5 comments:

  1. Keep up the revision and you'll get through it, have faith in yourself. You've got your mother's brains after all hehe! You'll always be that little girl in a bucket to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with school. I hope all the revision pays off, and I agree with that quote lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is what I always think...how on EARTH are you actually supposed to approach revision...o.O Just keep on. I'm sure you'll do okayy. (: Hehe. I love you <3 xxx

    PS. I did not understand a word of that quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is what I always think...how on EARTH are you actually supposed to approach revision...o.O Just keep on. I'm sure you'll do okayy. (: Hehe. I love you <3 xxx

    PS. I did not understand a word of that quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with school. I hope all the revision pays off, and I agree with that quote lol

    ReplyDelete